Prepare for your PT appointments
- Please wear comfortable clothes to each visit, including your first visit. You may want to wear layers so our therapists can access treatment areas easily.
- A changing room and lockers to secure your belongings is available.
- Please refrain from using mobile phones in the treatment area for the comfort and privacy of all patients.
Appointments and Paperwork
- It is important to keep your scheduled appointments. Our cancelation/no show policy is a $50 charge for any missed appointment, or appointments not cancelled with 24-hour notice.
- To help expedite your first visit, please download, print and complete the New Patient forms. If you choose to fill out the paperwork at our office, please arrive 10-15 minutes before your appointment to allow enough time to get them completed before your appointment.
- New Patient Packet
- Patient Information Form (established patients only)
- Release of Medical Records
- Cancellation Policy
- HIPAA Form
Payment and Insurance
- Payment, whether copays or self-pay, is due at the time of service.
- We will coordinate your coverage with your insurance company. You are financially responsible for all charges and any services not covered by your insurance coverage. Our staff can provide a statement of services and payment arrangements may be available by request.
- It is important that you tell us about ANY other physical therapy (even if it was on a different body part) during this calendar year as it may impact your insurance coverage.
- Most of our patients are referred to us. If you are currently under the care of a Physician for the problem for which you would like to receive Physical Therapy, you are required to have a prescription to receive services. Medicare beneficiaries, please note that Medicare and Medicare replacement plans continue to require a Physician prescription.
- For self-pay, payment arrangements will need to be made prior to your first appointment. Please contact the OPT office.
Legislation in Virginia enables patients to arrange an appointment directly with a Direct Access Certified Physical Therapist without a prescription. This law improves the public’s access to the traditional medical system and saves healthcare dollars. Earlier intervention speeds recovery. Our Physical Therapists are Direct Access Certified by the Virginia Board of Medicine.
What this means for you:
- You can schedule an appointment with a physical therapist whenever you experience pain or other issues that you think can be addressed by PT.
- Our Physical Therapists are highly skilled at evaluating musculoskeletal problems and can recognize signs and symptoms that may be indicative of conditions that are beyond our expertise or scope of practice. If this occurs, we will coordinate with your physician to arrange for a referral to the appropriate specialist.